SOFT TISSUE SURGERY
Probably the most common soft tissue surgery performed on pets is the removal of the reproductive organs, commonly referred to as spay and neuter surgeries. Please see the sterilization section for more information on these surgeries.
Mass removals (lumpectomy) are another common procedure done at our hospital. All masses (or lumps and bumps) should be examined by a veterinarian to determine if they should be surgically removed or if they can be monitored. Early removal and accurate diagnosis of a mass is necessary to improve the outcome in your pet if the mass is cancerous.
We also perform the following soft tissue surgeries:
· Intestinal Biopsy
· Bladder Stone Removal
· Gastropexy (Bloat/GDV Prevention)
· Gastric Dilatation-Volvulas (GDV)
· Castration (Cryptochid)
· Hernia Repair
· Foreign Body Removal
· Abdominal Exploratory
· Lateral Ear Canal Resection (Zepp)
· Total Ear Canal Ablation (TECA)
· Wound Care & Reconstruction
· Entropion Repair, Pocket Imbrications of Third Eyelid Glands